Monday, January 16, 2012

Multiplicity

The first movie I'm reviewing is Multiplicity. I watched it this weekend and have to say that I loved it. Micheal Keaton (Mr. Mom, Beetlejuice) and Andie MacDowell (Four Weddings and a Funeral, Groundhog Day) star in this wonderful comedy. The plot is about a family man, Doug (Keaton), who works as a contractor, is married and has two children. When Dougs stay at home wife, Laura (MacDowell) gets a job offer and decides to take it, Doug's workload around the house increases darastically.


 He becomes very overwhelmed, overworked and exhausted. Doug then meets a very helpful scientist who offers Doug a once in a lifetime opportunity, to clone himself. Doug decides to take him up on the offer. The clone, who Doug calls number two, is more than helpful. He is very masculine and loves to help at work. After some time Doug decides to make another clone, number three, who is very in touch with his feminine side and loves helping around the house. Doug feels he has the perfect set up until the clones clones themselves. Since making a copy of a copy isn't always as clear, number four is a little special. With the help of the clones Doug learns a lot about himself and his life. He figures out what he wants out of his life and we get to laugh along the way.


All of the clones and the orignal Doug have such complex personalities that it makes for a truly hilarious and enjoyable movie. I really loved the movie and I thought it was a nice change from the comedy movies today. Don't get me wrong, I love a raunchy movie now and then, but this was a refreshing change. I would recommend this movie to anybody that loves a good comedy with great acting.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good movie, I jsut might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad you are blogging about movies, now when someone says something about this movie i will have a little bit of a clue on what they are talking about!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like a good movie that i might have to go watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I was forced to watch it, but it turned out to be a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember watching this movie a really long time ago! I agree with your statement on the comedy - it was nice and not obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete