Monday, January 23, 2012

Billy Madison

Billy Madison is the second movie I am reviewing. The movie stars Adam Sandler (Happy Gilmore, Mr. Deeds) and Bradley Whitford (Young Guns II, Law and Order: LA.) Sandler plays Billy Madison, a free spirited, lazy and quite dependent son of a hotel mogul. When Billy's father decides its time to retire, he informs Billy that he will be handing over the company to Eric (Whitford), whom Billy despises.

Upon news of his fathers decision, Billy discovers his father bribed his whole way through school. In order to win back his fathers trust and the rights to control the company, Billy presents the idea that he go back through grades 1-12 and show his father he is capable of running the company.

Billy starts the movie unmotivated, truly unhappy and very unsuccessful. Throughout the movie Billy really learns a lot about himself and who he truly wants to be. One reason for this sudden change is his new third grade teacher, Veronica Vaughn, who ends up being Billy's love interest. This is a great comedy and will keep you laughing the whole way though!

18 comments:

  1. this movie is a great movie and it will always be a classic. i was just waking this movie the other day. you have a good taste in movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie never gets old! It's such a funny movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this movie! For sure a modern classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds very interesting and very intertaining!! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS CODY!!!!!!!!!!!! AND OLIVIA AND JAKE AND ASHLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice Rhiannon! The best part of this movie is definitely when he is playing with is shampoo and conditioner!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna have to watch this one...sounds really funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS ANGELA!!!!! AND YES COURT FUNNY NUGGETS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely loved this movie when I was younger. It's definitely a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This movie sounds like a total "me" movie! I surprisingly haven't seen it yet. It's definitely one of my next choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU HAVE TO SEE AS WELL EMILY!!! THANKS LAKEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have it recorded on my DVR so that I can watch it whenever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favorite movies of all time. I love Adam Sandlers earlier movies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a good movie its one of my favorites for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't usually watch Adam Sandler movies, but I've seen this one, and I liked how he turned his life around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Classic movie neveer gets old, and still makes me laugh no matter how many times i watch it

    ReplyDelete