Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lars and the Real Girl

This is probably the best movie I have watched so far! The movie stars Ryan Gosseling (The Notebook, Remember the Titans), as a very introverted and shy man. He lives in the garage of his brothers home and avoids contact with family and just about everyone as much as possible. One night he knocks on his brothers door and asks to speak with him and his wife. Once they arrive at the door Lars informs them he has a guest  for dinner.


When Lars and his date arrive for dinner his brother and sister-in-law are absolutely shocked. Lars' date is named Bianca, she is a missionary and is also in a wheel chair but thats not what really surprised his family, Bianca was a life-sized doll. His family convinces Lars to take her to the doctor to make sure her health is good in order to get Lars to see a doctor to see what is wrong with him. The doctor tells them they need to go along with it and treat her like a real person. This movie gets so crazy and is extremely interesting. I recommend this movie to anyone that loves an odd, quirky and fun movie.

4 comments:

  1. I have never seen this movie actually. Shocker I know!! Lol. I love Ryan Gosseling and so I may have to watch this movie. Awesome blog Rhiannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie sounds pretty intense for sure need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this movie - I thought it was really funny! I do like quirky movies, though. It felt similar to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

    ReplyDelete