Monday, April 2, 2012

The Shawshank Redemption

The Shawshank Redemption is the last and final movie that I will be blogging about. I'm glad I saved this for the end because this is one of my favorite movies of all time. It stars Morgan Freeman (The Bucket List, Bruce Almighty) as Red and Tim Robbins (War of the Worlds, Top Gun) as Andy. Andy is convicted of murdering his wife and her lover based solely on circumstantial evidence and is sentenced to two life sentences in the state pen. Andy is a quiet and gentle man which makes him an easy target for the 'sisters', a group of men in the prison that attack and rape smaller inmates. Andy quickly befriends Red and the two become good friends.
Red is the inside man and can get just about anything anyone needs. Andy asks Red for a poster of Rita Hayworth and a tiny rock hammer. Red was used to gettting poster orders but the rock hammer really confused him. Over the years Andy starts doing the taxes and books for some of the guards and even the warden, putting him in good standing with the authorities of the prison. Now that Andy has the guards on his side the next time he is attacked by the 'sisters' leaders and nearly killed, the guards take care of the situation almost killing the 'head sister' and crippling him. He is sent to another prison and never heard from again.
All Andy wants is to be free from the crime he swears he did not commit. Andy is eventually able to make his escape from the prison in one of the most creative ways imaginable. If you want to see if Andy is innocent and how Andy makes his escape you'll have to watch the movie :) I reccomend this movie to absolutely anyone who has decent taste in amazing movies. Its based off of a short story written by Stephen King so you know its gotta be awesome. I give it five stars and it is by far my favorite movie I have done so far.

13 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this movie before. But, if it is by Stephen King, it should be pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this movie. It sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie. We watched it is short stories last year! Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good movie. It has to be, Family Guy did a parody of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never heard of this movie before, but it looks sounds like a good one!
    and im sad this is the last week that we are blogger because now i wont be able to read your blogs and see what movies are good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen this movie, I need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to see this movie it looks good

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it will be good because all of Stephen King's books are good. It sounds like a really interesting movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen this movie actually. I think it would be a good one to watch and I love Morgan Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Red: Get busy living, or get busy dying

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always heard people talk about it, bI've still never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great movie! It's by far the best Stephen King movie I've seen.

    ReplyDelete